DVD – Full Shipping Capacity!

August 22, 2008 | News • Workshop

We are pretty much at full capacity right now (read that as I’m in this studio for the next three days without seeing the sun.)  That brings us to the end of what we have on hand for stock.  Orders for more were already placed last week.  That should have us shipping again by mid to end of this coming week. If you ordered before 6:45pm tonight, your order will be out the door by Monday at the latest. You can choose to order and be held in the que until all our stuff gets in or you can order once we go live with it again.

You can order the DVD here…

www.OneLightWorkshop.com

Thanks!

PS – I hate Windows.  We have to use a PC for shipping.  I hate it with every fiber in my body.  Yes, it is Vista.  Yes, I know I should get XP.  Do you hear any OS X users talking about how much better OS 9 was?  Nope.  You don’t.  I hope I survive the weekend.

• Chris said on August 22, 2008

LOVE the DVD! Hey, you can ship on a mac with endicia…it is the only shipping platform for a mac.

Chris

• Ed said on August 22, 2008

Congrats Zack. I am so glad I got in on the first pre-order sale. Great DVD and again congrats on the success.

• adam said on August 23, 2008

i can’t wait to scrape together some change and get one on order…

and you should get parallels :) at least you can run winblows on your mac so it’s halfway redeemed..

• David Burke said on August 23, 2008

This DVD is incredible. The value contained within is priceless. If I were someone “on the fence” about purchasing it I would jump on it now. It is priced too cheaply! ;-) Get it now folks, you will not be sorry.

Besides the wealth of technical info, Zack just rules. Period.

Thanks bro!

BTW – In my former life I was a software developer on the Windows Platform. I cringe at the thought of touching it again. OS X is another hint of the Grace of God. Amen!

• Tony said on August 23, 2008

Windows! Vista? Oh man, you really are delirious right now huh? Find a happy place!

• Michael Tissington said on August 23, 2008

DVD is great but your opinions about Vista are just totally wrong … welll I guess you can’t be great at everything :)

• Scott Piner said on August 23, 2008

I think 9.22 was actually better than 10.0. That 1st iteration of OS X wasn’t the greatest. I think Apple did find the accelerator around version 10.2 though. Just sayin’.

• zack said on August 23, 2008

Yes… 10.0 had initial issues as everyone started to make the transition. As with all things.

Vista was supposed to hit the holiday shelves in 2006. It didn’t really hit until this year. They had lots and lots of time to work on it. Lots.

Still buggy. Still annoying. Still not learning that I don’t want it to warn me about this or that or the other.

It DOES find and install printer drivers all by itself without a glitch. Like a kid who can put the milk away without spilling it. Let’s give Bill a cookie.

Sorry, I’m just a frustrated Mac head on a Windows machine. I’m not at all enjoying the experience. Except for watching NetFlix movies. That’s cool. I hope my xBox will do that this fall!

• Angie said on August 27, 2008

I just stumbled upon this site while having my morning coffee/getting awake, and just had to comment on this picture, because…OMG, I have this same background on the wall in my studio….the exact same one. (Which I’m gonna guess, is a shower curtain really??) We must think alike. Funny!

• --Christine said on August 27, 2008

ZacK-not-H sorry I knew that. I got my DVD today. I tore into it and then, knowing where you are when I received it, stopped. and I saw how precisely it was packaged, the labels, stamp, invoice, the T-shirt folded just-so to display the logo across the edge for the first view…the attention to detail is flawless. I’m rightfully expecting the video to exceed all expectations but wanted to let you know that right down to delivery and presentation, you’ve raised the bar.

• dalisa said on August 30, 2008

I need a 16×20 print of this image of eric for my office! Brilliant!

• Wes said on August 31, 2008

Is that background a shower curtain by chance. I was in NYC staying in someones apartment and I took a photo of their shower curtain that had this design thinking it would make for a good background….ha

• Bob said on September 2, 2008

Hi Zack, i actually prefer OS9 to 10, but hey i’m a little mad like that :)

anyway, just wanted to know if its ok if a bunch of us pooled our resources and bought the DVD?

• Rachael Earl said on September 7, 2008

Zack, I just got a chance to watch the DVDs yesterday (watched both straight through until 1:00am!). I have to say this is such an informative and entertaining insight into lighting-it kept my attention (which others have not…), and even my husband (who couldn’t care less about lighting) was so intrigued and blown away by your results! Consistency is the one area that I am continually trying to improve at, and you have provided me the tools to fix that area of my photography and be confident about it. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

• Jessica Hughes said on September 15, 2008

Got mine last week and I LOVE IT. You really made everything ‘click’ with off camera flash. Been doing bee’s for a while, didn’t know how to use my flash.